- Develop subcontracts and purchase requests for client.
- Coordinate construction activities with field personnel.
- Create and maintain project schedules using Primavera (P6).
- Gather data, establish and maintain a Project Master Schedule for the project using Primavera Project Planner (P6) software. Coordinate and align inputs from participating groups and sub-contractors.
- Update at specified intervals the current status of the project, variances and related actions. Obtain from participating groups monthly progress updates to schedule activities and consolidate into the project master schedule. Update on a monthly basis the project schedule narrative within the monthly project report.
- Interpret the results of the subsequent analyses, identifying critical activities and their effects on the schedule and validate that remedial actions will meet customer requirements.
- Report the project status to the Stakeholders, (Project Manager, company senior management, Client and other interested parties) and develop “what if” scenarios and recovery plans as needed. Maintain and operate change control process.
- Participate in the Risk Management and process and manage schedule related mitigation and avoidance actions.
- Coordinate and plan the project plan and schedules. Maintain meetings between sub-contractors and project sub-system representatives.
- Earned value reporting and monitoring on a monthly basis.
- Resource planning and forecasting.
- Create time impact analysis reports for construction project schedules.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Candidate should have of 2 years of Project Scheduling experience.
- Solid understanding of the critical path method (CPM) and familiar with integrated master schedules IMS and earned value EV reporting.
- Experience in resource loaded schedules is a plus.
- Some experience working in a planning and scheduling position for engineering, procurement, manufacturing and construction projects is required.
- Familiar with construction drawings, specifications and construction contracting, and ability to review and understand engineering, procurement and construction schedule logic.
- Capable of producing from limited project information a conceptual schedule from initiation through to closeout; able to identify major phases through that timeline and able to determine and discuss dependencies.
- Must have experience working closely with various disciplines in project teams to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the schedules produced without compromising independence.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Construction, Business, or related field; or demonstrated equivalent and related experience.
- Some cost engineering and estimating knowledge would be preferable.
- The Project Scheduler will require conducting site visits often to accurately report project progress.
QUALITATIVE AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
Demonstrates flexibility and reliability, excellent communication skills, both oral and written; self- motivated, energetic, enthusiastic, ability to multi-task, create/mentor working relationship, excellent safety record and practice